Thursday, October 1, 2009

I thought it was interesting how on page 166 the author encouraged the leading of the congregation in confessing sins during corporate prayer. I had never thought about that before and it was eye opening for me. I haven't had much experience with a Pastor who leads their congragation in confessing sin or thought about it enough to even notice if a Pastor was leading us in confession. Confession to me is something that is done privately. This can cause frustration for some people because they may have confessed their sin but they do not feel any relief. For this reason it is important for a Pastor to lead his congregation in confession so that they can be reminded of God's promise, "if we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment