Thursday, September 24, 2009

Biblical Knowledge

On the very first page of today's reading for GPTG p. 129, something that really stood out to me was this quote "Another result of such gospel-oriented evangelistic preaching in the lives of hearers should be an increasing integration of biblical knowledge with their everyday lives." I have heard it said often that these days biblical literacy is at an all time low. But for so long I never thought that had anything to do with me or how I view worship. Instead I thought well "the world" and "the weaker christians" they are the ones with the problem, and I just decided it was really sad and I hoped that they would get it together someday. How foolish! And how convicting, now! So often I had looked at others and thought I some how had figured out how to worship God and have this "experience" with Him and they were just missing out... the truth of the matter is I was missing out! In regards to worship I was biblically illiterate! This problem that I thought others had was something that was reigning in my own life. I realize now that the more I look toward God and His program of redemption and His act of Divine Love in allowing Christ to stand in my place, then I begin to understand how worthy He is of my worship. Furthermore, I see how I must worship as He has commanded us to worship, and the more I grasp the truths of His Word, the more they will take control in my everday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment