Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Two Beat Rhythm, As It Applies in My Life

As I continued to think on some of the concepts that were discussed in class, I began to realize just how careless much of our thinking is in regards to worship. I am becoming continually aware of just how unbiblical our "worship" can be. I realize now that we must faithfully endeavor to keep the "two beat rhythm" discussed in GPTG. Our worship MUST flow out of what God has revealed to us in His Word, or else we are in big trouble. Otherwise our feelings and emotions will dominate, and then cheat us out of truly giving reverence to God. What I mean is that if I base my worship solely off of how I am feeling, then on bad days, I will treat God as if He is not worthy of worship, simply because I don't feel "worshipful". These are just somethings that have struck me and that I am trying to apply to my own heart that I might in turn share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment